The surgery was sucessful. I had 2 extra electrical passages in my heart. The doctors sedated me with Versedt which is supposed to do the job with 2 doses, but they had to give me 10. It is supposed to cause amnesia, but I remember waking up and talking to the doctors twice, and another time I woke up and thought it was weird that the doctors could speed up and slow down my heart rate at will. It felt very funny. I took Sawyer with me in the morning and nursed him right before they took me in for the actual procedure. I was happy to find out that I could nurse Sawyer again 6 hours after my last dosage of medication. Sawyer was the most happy about that. I was a little dizzy before I left the hospital, and then I got nauseous. When I got my balance I was released to go home and I threw up in the lobby. After that I felt fine. The only evidence of heart surgery I came home with was 3 band-aids. No stiches, no heavy meds. One bandaid on each side of the groin, and one on my neck.
I wasn't able to lift anything heavier than 10 pounds so my mother-in-law and sister-in-law came over to help me take care of the kids. I am better now and am looking forward to Sawyer sleeping through the night. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes!

2 comments:
So glad that it went well! We love you guys!
Whew! I am so glad that all went as planned - and glad for Sawyer too :)
Post a Comment