Sunday, April 6, 2008

Picture Slacker

So I didn't take many pictures this week, actually none, but it was an eventful week. On Tuesday, Brian's old bishop from Kentucky came to visit. He now lives in Provo with his family and works for the Church Humanitarian Services. We were so glad to see him and catch up on all the goings-on. I made him a good Idaho dinner, with roast, real mashed potatoes, home-canned peaches, and grape juice from Brian's mom's backyard. He felt really spoiled, but he was always so kind to Brian.
On Wednesday we went back to the doctor's office for Landon. His hand was still in bad shape, but since the stitches had been in for 11 days, and they were infected, the doctor had to remove them. Landon cared very little for stitches removal and cried real hard. Since the cut was still not closed, the doc put some adhesive strips on it and gave us some more antibiotics. We have been nursing it some more at home and it looks terrible, but almost closed up.
My brother Jake came to visit on Thursday in the middle of his errands for work. He brought over my favorite Girl Scout cookies (the shortbread kind) and actually shared them with me. I asked for one but he gave me the rest of the box. I ate the rest of them by the next day which is why I only asked for one. Yummy!
Corinne had Friday off from school, so we went and visited grandmas. We also took a drive to the cemetary to visit the grave of Brian's dad, Max. It's been two years since he passed away. In some ways it seems long ago, but in others it is still recent. We miss him.
Saturday and Sunday we were glad to be home and watching General Conference. What a terrific weekend filled with wonderful messages and events. Landon and Corinne did really well with watching and listening too.
We also watched the NCAA tournament games and I am not pleased to say that I lost my bracket again this year. I think that it has been 3 years in a row that I am the loser. Duke killed me again this year. I had them in the final game along with North Carolina so...I was way off. All of us had North Carolina winning it all. Landon and Sawyer took the winning spot this year, Corinne got second, and Brian came in third. At this point we can root for anyone, cause it doesn't matter anymore. I think I'll cheer for Memphis tomorrow.
Sawyer turns two months tomorrow. He has his check-up and shots. I never look forward to it. We will see what this week brings. Hopefully warmer weather, and then my Dad will be here this weekend.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi Tammy, I will call you about getting family photos. Most Saturdays work for me, except the last Saturday of this month and this coming Saturday. And Monday night usually works, but it would depend on the time so we can have good light. Anyhow, I'll call you, or give me a call if you don't hear from me soon. We're having kind of a busy week.