I have been "tagged". Thank you officially to Pam, and unofficially to Tommi and Melanie. Here is a litle about me:
Ten years ago:
I am so old now. Ten years ago I was about 8 months pregnant with Corinne. I was living in an apartment duplex where I was the manager. We just had 6 vacancies come up where we needed to do a lot of repair. Talk about stress. I wasn't very big pregnant...until the week before Corinne's delivery when I gained 10 lbs. in water weight. They had to induce me one day early on June 11, 1998. I had a new car...(to me new, really used) a 1994 Ford Escort wagon which I have been informed was a popular mission vehicle. It had four doors and I purchased it from a sister-in-law. It had just gotten out of the shop because someone had rear-ended me in December. My brother, Jake, and his wife, Sara, lived in my complex so I got to be their landlord. Although it paid the rent, it was an awful job and I hated it. Corinne's arrival made it a happy time, but other than that it was pretty rough. I am glad that time has past.
5 things on my list to do today:
1. Laundry. There is always laundry to do. Landon was sick yesterday and he created extra to do. Also, Sawyer is growing out of his 0-3 month clothes so I get to bring out the 3-6 month ones. Blankets, burp rags, working clothes, I really dislike laundry.
2. Dinner. Brian has mutual tonight so he will be racing in after work, and racing out. Hopefully I will get a nice dinner on the table for him so he doesn't go hungry until he comes home from mutual.
3. Shower. I will probably be foregoing a nap to fit this in today. Usually, it is one or the other....shower or nap. Yesterday was so hectic with Landon being sick that neither happened, so shower definitely today or I won't be able to live with myself.
4. Project. I am working on a secret project for my grandpa's birthday. I hope to get some more done today
5. American Idol. It is Wednesday, so someone is going home tonight on American Idol. It is my favorite show, but I don't vote. I will probably vote next week though to keep the Davids in the final. Neil Diamond is the mentor this week and I love him. I grew up listening to him and my mom has his records. (the old vinyl ones)
Every day I love to play with Landon and Sawyer during the day. Sawyer is starting to laugh. Landon makes messes and loves to read now. Corinne will be coming home from school and hopefully she won't have too much homework.
Snacks I enjoy:
My guilty pleasure is Double stuffed Oreos. Brian got me hooked on them since he is lactose intolerant, and Oreos have no milk in them. Double stuffed are way better than the original and they are chocolatey. I think I'll have one now, YUM! I can't say I snack on much anything else. I will miss them when I go on a diet.
What I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
I would help Brian pay off all our debts (school), build our dream house, invest for kids college, invest for retirement, travel, help others, new wardrobe with a lot of shoes, a billion dollars is a lot of money!
3 bad habits:
1. Picking at zits. I shouldn't get pimples anymore, but I do, and I pick at them. Then I am sure they stay around longer than if I just left them alone. I used to bite my nails so badly, but I kicked that habit.
2. Speaking too loudly and out of turn. I have a voice that can get very loud and carries very far. This can be good at sporting events, or to call children from across the park, but I am sure it can be annoying. My whole family has loud voices. Sometimes I interrupt to tell a story, and that is a bad habit.
3. Driving too fast. I am actually much better than I used to be. I haven't been pulled over for over 4 years. ( I am knocking on wood now.) Occasionally, I will break the speed limit and drive fast. I don't weave in and out of traffic or anything, just like speed, and I have really slowed down since I have kids, and a minivan.
5 places I have lived/been:
Since I have only lived in two cities (three if you count my short stay in Nampa) I will include my favorite places I've been.
1. San Jose, California. I was born here and spent most of my childhood. It has now become a place to visit because I would never move back to California. I miss my dad and the ocean, but Idaho offers a lot more.
2. Boise, Idaho. I love it here. In all my travels (not a lot) I have found wonderful places to visit, but no other place I'd like to live.
3. Hawaii. Brian and I went on a trip to Hawaii when he graduated from Dental school.
4. Canada. I briefly visited Canada once when we went to see Niagra Falls. It was very brief, but I have been to a different country.
5. Washington D.C. Brian and I visited here and I found it fascinating!
5 jobs I have had
1. My first job with a real paycheck was a Server for meals at a retirement home, Chateau de Boise. I quit/got fired from this job for singing at a friends wedding in Utah. They couldn't find anyone to cover for me even though I tried for weeks and had to call in. The manager that tried to fire me got fired herself and ended up working in the dressing rooms at Walmart.
2. Ridley's supermarket. I was a bag girl and when I was old enough, I worked in the bakery/deli. I held the record for bringing in 20 carts by myself without a machine.
3. JB's restaurant. I was a waitress for a couple of years. I actually enjoyed it. I only dropped two things off my tray; a chocolate shake onto the floor, and a salad plate onto a customer. I was so apologetic that they left me a big tip.
4. Swimming instructor. I taught private lessons and also at BSU for a long time.
5. First Security/ Wells Fargo Bank. I worked here for the longest, both before and after my divorce. They were a great company to work for and they taught me great skills.
I've worked a ton of other jobs, but those were the main ones. One time I worked 4 different jobs at once. Bank, dance teacher/d.j., Boise Schools, and Boise city Parks. I've cleaned bathrooms and filed insurance documents, but when I am done with having kids and they are all in school I might try to substitute teach, since teaching is what I've always wanted to do. Who knows, I may end up helping Brian in his office.
5 things people don't know about me:
This one is hard since I don't hold much back, and tell everyone everything. So if you already know these things about me...sorry!
1. I am a math geek. I really like math and number patterns. I was in a math competition in Jr. High and I was the only one in my school to make the finals. Our team got a 4th place trophy and I was 10th place overall. I didn't take a lot of math in high school since I was in band and choir, but I love it. One of the things I like best about my house is that the address is the same reading front and back, 12021. I think it is cool.
2. My right foot is a whole size bigger than my left. Right foot is size 9 1/2 and left foot is 8 1/2. I buy size 9 cause it is in the middle so my right foot is a little squished and my left slides around.
3. I am RH negative. I have to get shots when I am pregnant and after the babies are born. My blood type is A-. Since Brian is B+, our children could have any possible bloodtype. Corinne is A-, Landon is A+, and Sawyer is AB+. Two of my siblings are O, so we really could come up with anything.
4. I am a word nerd. I love words. I think I could win money on Wheel of Fortune. I usually have the puzzle solved before anyone. I got second place in the 2nd grade spelling bee behind Peter Mo. We had burned through the third grade words and were on the fourth grade list when I got stumped by the word breakfast. I spelled it b-r-e-k-f-a-s-t. I have never missed it since. My sister Beth and I used to play games with the dictionary. I know...nerdy.
5. I have only said a bad word only once. I was 9, and I fell off my brother's bike while riding it into our driveway. His handle bars were crooked so you had to hold them at an angle to go straight. I biffed it and said a bad word. A lot of the neighborhood kids were playing in the front yard and were as shocked as I was to hear me swear. I felt so guilty that I immediately ran inside and told on myself. My mom laughed at me because I was so upset about it. I promised I wouldn't swear again, and I haven't. I always had my brother ask Mom about the questionable words so I wouldn't have to say them.
6. I am including two more since Pam had 7 things people didn't know. I used to have the biggest crush on Mitch Gaylord. You get a lot of points if you know who that is. I wrote about him in my diary and wanted to marry him. I also had a crush on Michael J. Fox. I had a poster of him on my ceiling above my bed. I would jump on the bed and try to kiss him. I am glad I never succeeded because that would have really hurt my face. I dreamed about him for years until I found out two things, he was short and he was a chain smoker. I removed his poster after finding that out.
7. I perfomed a wedding ceremony in my front yard when I was 10. My best friend, Megan McClure, was moving back to North Carolina, and Jake and her liked eachother. We gave her flowers and had them take a walk in our front yard to me. I perfomed the ceremony and they kissed so it was official. I wish I knew where she was now.
So there I am! I tag Beth, Sara, and my Dad, and anyone else who hasn't had the chance to get tagged.

3 comments:
Wow! You are a nerd! Tee-hee. I'm just kidding...I had to laugh when you mentioned your "need for speed". I remember your scary driving story you told to us that one night Sid and I were over for dinner...and I LOVED that you have performed a wedding ceremony at the age of 10...that's priceless.
Wow, I learned alot about you! Thanks for playing.
Ok I loved Michael J Fox too!!! I agree that a kiss is not worth smashing your face over (lol)
Post a Comment