Well, we went to Utah and had a marvelous time. Aunt Mary threw a "Pirate Party" for us while we were there. (Actually the party was for her friends...we were just fortunate enough to come on the right weekend.) We also got to go to the zoo one day with our niece and her children.
Then we went to the BYU game. We received updates from my mom and Corinne's dad on the score of the BSU game that happened simultaneously. Both BYU and BSU won. We visited with friends and family. The kiddos traveled well and we think we may make BYU an annual trip, much to the dismay of Brian.....(he's really elated that I actually suggested it).
Our Primary Program went really well and I am SO happy it is done. I am the chorister and I wasn't there for the practice a week before the program. For a little Primary, they sang so well. I know a replacement for me is trying to be found because Sawyer makes the calling a little difficult. I will miss the Primary kids if I get released, but church will be a lot easier if I do. Anyway, I love the Primary Program even though it is a little stressful on the chorister.
Now teaching Sawyer to eat has been the biggest adventure of all. I know you should never compare your child's progress to other kids...BUT!....Beth's baby, Daniel, is the same age as Sawyer and he eats 2 size 2 baby foods and a bowl of rice cereal in one sitting! He has no problems drinking from a bottle. He'll take juice, or formula...no problem. I am sure he even has steak on Friday nights...okay maybe not yet since he has no teeth. Sawyer on the other hand now takes 2 sittings to finish a size 1 baby food, and will eat 5-10 bites of rice cereal. This is a major accomplishment. He fought me for 3 hours last Friday to take a bottle of breast milk, and I rejoiced when he got too tired to fight anymore and commenced sucking about an ounce of milk from the bottle. I am up for more battles every day until he will take it without fighting for hours and actually stay awake. Another victory this week is that he slept 3 times through the night. We will keep working on him.
Other than our sweet (and stubborn) baby, I don't have many concerns about the surgery next week. I hope they will tell me that I only have to stop nursing for 2 days or a short time like that. I hope Sawyer will let Brian get some sleep since I shouldn't really lift him for a few days. We will let you know how it goes.

3 comments:
Surgery?! on your heart?!!! Sounds serious. When can I bring dinner? Really, how can we help?
It was great seeing you guys!! Hope all goes well with the surgery! WIsh we were there to help out.
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you guys today! Give us a call if there is ANYTHING we can do to help.
As for family pictures, I'm willing to work with your schedule. There's an email link on my blog...just shoot me an email when you are up and feeling better again and we'll work somethign out.
Post a Comment