Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Bluest and Most Beautiful

We have been asked many times where we got the name for Sawyer, and I admit, we have a lame story. We saw it in a book and it was my favorite....lame. But now I am going to change my story so it will be much more exciting to me. As most of you know we took an Alaskan cruise last September and I was pregnant while on the cruise. We hadn't found out yet if we were having a boy or girl at that point. One of our adventures during the cruise was a day at sea traveling into Tracy Arm Fjord. Along the way were beautiful, blue icebergs and at the end was a massive glacier that was quite spectacular to see. We just realized the name of that glacier is Sawyer Glacier, and it is said to be the bluest and most beautiful of all Alaskan glaciers. So there is our new story. Sawyer is named after the most beautiful glacier and his little blue eyes will always remind us of our fun time in Alaska!

No comments: