It was a snowy morning and Brian got up and shoveled our driveway. We were scheduled to be at the hospital at 7 a.m. and we were finally all ready. Even with the snow we made it there on time and were asked to wait for my nurse. Well about an hour later she showed up. She was delayed by a traffic accident on the freeway so we were off to a late start. My doctor (Dr. Lowder) came in at around 8:20 to check on me and to break my water. He stressed to the nurse (Chanette) that I have quick labors and to have the epidural ready right away. She started an IV and waited for my labs to come back so she could give me the medication to start my labor. Finally at about 9:15 she got the pitocin. (I don't know how to spell that) The epidural doc (Dave) came at about 9:30 and was all done in a couple of minutes. Although, an epidural tends to slow labors down, that is not the case with me. My nurse was surprised I was feeling pressure on each contraction and she checked my progress. 5 cm at 9:50 a.m. Then she checked again at 10 a.m. and found me at 8 cm. Immediately she called the doc and he came over. They were waiting for the baby to turn and drop, but the nurse hadn't emptied my bladder. She gave me a catheter at 10:15 and then it got real exciting. The doc was in a crazy rush to get the bed dropped and his mask on cause the baby was coming out. After a couple of pushes we had our little Sawyer. The cord was wrapped once around his neck, but in expert fashion, the doc took care of everything and he was just fine. 10:21 a.m. He was 7 lbs. 9 oz., 21 1/4 inches long. Our nurse told Brian that he had better brush up on labor and delivery skills because our next one would probably go super fast as well.
I have a picture of my doc, but it is of him holding the placenta, so I am leaving it out for those who are squeamish about blood and stuff. They got my room ready and sent me upstairs. Sawyer was eating pretty well and I felt good. We had lots of visitors and they all commented (because it is true) that Sawyer looks almost identical to Landon, with one exception. Landon's mouth was bigger. He got a bath and didn't like it. We love all his hair and it looks like he went to the salon to get blond highlights in it. I anticipated staying in the hospital until Saturday morning but we were cleared to leave and came home Friday night. His going home outfit was a little too big.
He is so sweet and loves to be snuggled, which is good since Corinne can't leave him alone for a second. We were curious to see how Landon would react and he has been helpful and caring, but goes along with his usual energetic routine and wants Daddy to play all the time. Buddy is a bit apprehensive about the deal. We are grateful to have a new little spirit in our home and things have gone quite smoothly, and we hope it continues. We can't wait for you all to come visit and see our new addition.



1 comment:
Tammy and Brian,
He is so cute! I can't wait until i can see him for real. I love you all, you have such a lovely family :) and I miss you.
Post a Comment