Sunday, July 6, 2008

85 and Still Alive!

We went to Sandy, Utah for my grandpa's 85th birthday over Memorial Day weekend. As we all loaded into the car, Sawyer was having a screaming fit for the third time in a 24 hour period so we stopped by the Doc-in-the-box on the corner and found out that he had his first ear infection. We filled a prescription before we hit the road and for the most part...he did a great job. I remember having bad ear infections when I was small and they were highly unpleasant! We set up our new-to-us camping trailer in my grandparent's driveway and camped out there for the weekend. The kids loved it and it gave us a quiet place to nap while the chaos of the Anderson family was all around.


For the months prior to the party I worked tirelessly on two projects to present to my grandpa for his birthday. I think someone should stop me before I endeavor to do something like this again! It took a lot of effort to gather everyone's pictures and messages for the Grandpa book, but then, after grandpa opened it, I guess the effort was worth it. He really liked the book. Then I drew pictures and compiled some stories to make coloring books for all the posterity. That also turned out nice and grandpa and the kids all thought it was pretty special. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful grandfather. He means the world to me and I am glad we were able to attend this event. It was wonderful to see most of my very large family there and to share with one another. I love you Family!!!!



1 comment:

Catherine said...

Thanks again for your work on the album. I am currently attempting to use that company your Dad told us about to import my blog and get it printed. It took a bit of getting used to, but I like it now - I'll let you know how it looks once I get it printed.