Sunday, July 6, 2008

Have you missed me?

I realize it has been over a month since I last posted. Life is so busy with the kids and summer and life! Landon is such a busy two year old. We have nicknamed him "Tornado Landon" since he can have our house a wreck in 2 minutes flat with all his toys and puzzles! Landon has a whole lot of personality that keeps us laughing. Sawyer continues to grow so quickly and I can't believe he is 5 months old. He got over his colicky stage and went right into ear infections. His first lasted about a month and went through 3 rounds of antibiotics. I think he might be getting his second...but I hope not :(. He is a sweet baby when he is feeling well. I hope he learns to sleep through the night soon. Corinne finished up fourth grade and got all A's on her report card. She spends an awful lot of summer at her dad's due to the custody schedule, so we love to have her back whenever she gets to visit. She turned 10 and I feel so old now. I spent a fair amount of time in May preparing for my grandpa's 85th birthday. I put together a book with pictures from all his posterity and letters from a lot of them. It was a huge project, but I think it meant a lot to him. I also put together a coloring/activity book, that had stories about Grandpa, for all the grandchildren. I gathered stories and drew pictures. Beth also contributed with some activity pages. I got to do something really fun. I was a part of a musical production put on by the Church Educational System about Joseph Smith. I got to play my trumpet and I really enjoyed it. We had 3 different performances and they all stressed Brian out since he was in charge of watching Sawyer. It had been over 6 years since I had even picked up my trumpet to play, but I found out that i've still got it! Well, I still have most of it...some of it is gone... but I had enough to pull off some difficult pieces. We took a road trip to Washington to visit my mom's parents and to claim some items that Mom would like to have from her dad. it was a good visit and Sawyer was a good traveler. We just returned yesterday from the Jensen family reunion where we went camping with Brian's family. We had a great time but we are so tired. I am really sore with my back, partly from carrying Sawyer, and I took a bad fall a few weeks ago. Camping out probably didn't help, but the chiropractor is becoming my friend. I also will be going to see the cardiologist about my heart condition which my family doc identified as PSVT. I will probbaly have a procedure done before the end of this year to correct it, so if you hear about a heart surgery...it is not really a big deal. I will just be grateful to have it fixed and normal. That has been my last couple of months in a nutshell. I will elaborate with pictures and everything when I get spare moments. I get few of those nowadays. I check on all my fellow bloggers a lot so keep posting and I will try to do better. I have to get caught up on my blogs before we take our trip to Alaska at the end of this month. Love ya'll!

No comments: