Sunday, July 20, 2008

MOOOOOOO!





Brian was out of town on a campout with the scouts and I was wondering what to do with myself and the boys on a Friday night. My mother-in-law called and invited me to go with her to Meridian Dairy Days Parade. In the 19 years I have lived in Idaho, I have never attended the parade, and I felt that Landon was probably just the right age that he would enjoy a good parade so I packed up he kids and we went.

It was so much fun. Landon thought it was great, mostly because people were throwing candy at him, and there were cows walking in the middle of the street. There were some kids in a group next to us and Landon was isolated from them a bit so when the parade people would drop candy they would give a handful to the group, and an equal sized handful to Landon. He made out like a bandit. Since it was the Dairy Parade, we also got a bunch of string cheese, chocolate milk, and frozen yogurt. I brought home 2 new shirts that were given to the crowd. Landon threw a football back and forth with someone from the high school team. Sawyer jumped a lot when the sirens went off on the fire trucks. Landon even placed his hand over his heart when the American flag marched by. I think it may become a new tradition. We were glad Grandma Jensen made the suggestion to go.

No comments: