It is amazing how past experiences can scar you for life and make you behave a certain way. Corinne was a terrible nurser, mostly due to her being so sick with jaundice and the hospital staff giving her a bottle. I fought with her and gave up after 4 weeks of miseryand zero weight gain, and everything turned out okay. After all, she really liked the bottle. She never liked cereal and would never take anything except for a bottle.
With Landon I was determined to get the nursing process down and after three months of soreness, 2 bouts of mastitis, and 2 rounds of thrush, we finally got it. I tried to introduce a bottle after 4 months and he would have nothing of it, but he did enjoy cereal.
I tried to find a happy medium with Sawyer, but alas...my fear of him not being able to nurse well, had me introducing a bottle at 2 months, but then not again until after 4 months. He does not like the bottle, and will not take one. He also is not fond of cereal. I gave it to him for a first try, and he just kept it hanging out of his mouth on his tongue. Now when I try to feed him cereal he just yells at me as if to say, " I already told you I hate it!!!!!"
So, Sawyer is a good nurser, but I am the only source of acceptible food for him. It greatly limits my ability to leave him with anyone for longer than a couple of hours. I keep trying and hopefully he'll start liking some other foods soon. Plus, it would be really nice to get him full enough that he will sleep through the night.

No comments:
Post a Comment