I played trumpet in high school and college and I was actually pretty good at it for a while. When my sister, Beth, came to me and told me about a musical production she was in I could tell the people must be desperate for trumpet players. It had been over 6 years since I had even picked up my dear trumpet, and about 11 years since I had played regularly. I agreed to play and It was so wonderful. We did a production called "Joseph Smith, the Prophet." I actually could play the high notes and was complimented by a few people on my skills. The message of the production was powerful, and I cried each time we perfomed. It was also a pleasure to meet and associate with some new people. Brian was supportive, yet terrified to be responsible to watch both Landon and Sawyer. I will probably have to wait to attempt to play in anything else for a while, but I was so happy to play my trumpet again.

Just in case you didn't catch that I am a band geek, the Drum and Bugle Corps came into town also. I went to their show and cheered loudly for Santa Clara Vanguard, Phantom Regiment, and the Blue Devils. Phantom Regiment should've won the night, but they got 2nd place. Corinne went with me and although she enjoyed it, she says she doesn't have any burning desire to be in marching band.

No comments:
Post a Comment